Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hmmm...

So today I talked with my moo ma (hi mom!) on the phone and she was telling me about an Amish girl that is pregnant with her 4th child and is most likely having a home birth (most of them do this). I told my mom how I envied her the home birth and wished I could do the same. So, since my internet is actually working but at dinosaur speed, I decided to research home births here in Maryland. I found 1 midwife THAT TAKES MY INSURANCE, that is a Christian (right up my ally!), has been delivering babies for 20 years, and does home births!! Now I LOVE my midwives that I'm with and delivering in the hospital is fine by me but just knowing that option is there is SOO tempting! I would ADORE being able to give birth in the comfort of my own home and never having to leave my girls. It would be such a personal, intimate experience that I'd LOVE. I doubt we'll actually do this but I can't help but wonder if the Lord brought this across my path for a reason...

No comments: