Monday, January 31, 2011
4 Years Ago
Four years ago today I was standing in the Hair Cuttery, working my 1-9 shift and was convinced by a friend to take a pregnancy test. I insisted that I wasn't pregnant and assured her my cycles had always been weird thanks to my thyroid. She went and bought me one because I refused to "waste" the money. I took the test but was told I couldn't look at it until she could see it too LoL. She and I waited 3 mins and I made her flip the test over because I couldn't do it, I was shaking. When she flipped the test and I saw 2 lines I flew back against the wall, slid down onto the floor of the bathroom and started laughing and crying. She said "Lisa, OH MY GOSH, you're pregnant!!!". Yeah, I was gathering that. I said ya know what? This test is jacked up, it's a dollar store test. I'm marching my butt down to CVS and buying a name brand test. So, later on in the evening I opened up the package of Clear Blue Easy Digital and used 1 of the 2 tests. I also made my friend hold that one and tell me the result. She turned the test around and it read "Pregnant" on it. NO FREAKING WAY. I tried to make it through coloring one of my regular client's hair and through the rest of the night but I couldn't believe it! It was NOT the right time for a baby. Andy and I had been married for 5 months and relied both our paychecks to make it every month. I drove home that night holding my tummy the entire ride, with tears streaming down my face because I felt so blessed but scared. I didn't know how I was going to tell Andy... especially since we had talked about having babies and he wanted to wait until we were 23 or 24... HA!!! I was told by my doctors at 17 that I may have a hard time getting pregnant because of my thyroid and cysts on my ovaries... like I said, I felt blessed. I walked through the door and Andy was playing a game on his playstation and we said our hellos. I sat down on the couch next to him and said "I'm not really sure how to say this. All I know is I'm SO sorry" He looked concerned and said "what did you do?". "Andy, I'm so sorry but we're going to have a baby. You're going to be a dad and I'm going to be a mom. I took 2 tests at work tonight and they were positive. This isn't good timing, I know that, I'm so sorry". He stared at me smiling and started laughing and said "why are you crying and apologizing?! This is the greatest news in the world! Bad timing but so exciting, it'll all work out, you'll see". I had saved the one last test and took it for him and handed it to him and the words "Pregnant" popped up and he started grinning from ear to ear. A family was all Andy had ever wanted and we were beginning on that road together. January 31, 2007 changed my life forever. Miss Taylor Alyssa was on her way and we couldn't have been more excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment