Wednesday, March 24, 2010
As Of Today...
It will be my last day having an 11 month old. Hard to believe 1 year ago today I saw my doctor and I was 5 days overdue. I was 2 centimeters dilated, 80% effaced, I had already lost my plug, had my membranes stripped days earlier, and was contracting like crazy but NO BABY. I received her eviction notice, she was coming out tomorrow! I was so excited to see her and hold her for the first time... and to just get her the heck outta me LoL! Has a year really gone by? So today one year ago I did a lot of packing up last minute things and enjoying my last day alone with Taylor. I cried because I was excited but because I felt like I was "dethroning" Taylor as the baby. I couldn't comprehend how I could possibly love 2 human beings with as much intensity as I felt for Taylor. We took her out to have chicken nuggets and ice cream and I just hugged her and held her... even at 9 months pregnant, played in the play yard with her... that was really cute I'm sure LoL. I realized though... I wasn't taking anything away from her. I was GIVING her something. A chance to grow up with someone who could turn out to be her best friend; her partner in crime. I'm so thankful to have both of them and watch them grow together. Taylor's a great big sister (despite multiple meltdowns and wanting to kick/hit Rylie due to jealousy LoL) and Rylie adores her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment